This deep-dish spinach artichoke pizza is the best homemade thing there is with an incredibly irresistibly crispy crust.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to cook it, it has a high amount of protein as well as fat, but also calories as well. But hey, who’s counting calories when it’s time to taste a mouth-watering pizza like this one?
Follow the ingredients and the instructions below and enjoy the best spinach-artichoke pizza there is.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) container baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 c. ricotta
- 1 1/2 oz. Parmesan, grated (about 1/3 c.)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 6 oz. Fontina cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 c.)
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Fresh basil leaves, torn, for serving
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F with the rack in the lowest position. Heat oil in a 10″ skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic and cook until wilted and liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to a plate. Cool skillet slightly and wipe clean.
- Stir together ricotta, Parmesan, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle skillet with cornmeal. Stretch dough into a 12″ round. Carefully press dough into the bottom and up the sides of the skillet.
- Top dough with ricotta mixture, spinach, Fontina, and artichokes. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 20 to 24 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with basil and cut into wedges.
Speaking of Italian food, if you like a unique taste, make sure to try our Chicken Pesto Pasta.