We’d like to present you a delicious little healthy recipe for applesauce muffins!
This highly nutritious recipe contains oatmeal, cinnamon and honey, and it is easy to make with no additional sugar or butter.
All you need are the ingredients listed below and not more than 40 to 50 minutes of your time.
Who said muffins can’t be healthy? Freely enjoy these wonderful little pleasures with your loved ones, and even your kids.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil — melted & cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- a 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- up to 1/2 cup optional mix-ins: chopped walnuts — raisins, dried cranberries, blueberries, etc.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sugar — such as raw (turbinado) sugar or sparkling sugar, for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 wells in a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, honey, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and sat.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. The batter will be a little lumpy. Gently stir in the rolled oats and any other desired mix-ins.
- Divide evenly among the muffin cups, filling each almost to the top. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar, if desired. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then gently remove the muffins from the pan (run a butter knife around the edges if the muffins are sticking) and let them cool completely on the wire rack.
If you like this recipe, be sure to also try our Moist Coconut Flour Cake as well.