Such a refreshing recipe – Radish Cucumber Salad. Look way better without dressing, but tastes A LOT better with Greek yogurt added! If you want to make it a full meal, just add some baked bacon/ham, chicken or beef. You can also add some scallions and carrots, to make it even more colorful. Basically, I am trying to introduce at least one salad-only dish in a week, like a detox-meal for busy weeks.
- 2 long English cucumbers — peels left on, thinly sliced (if using regular cucumbers, peel first)
- 1 bunch radishes — thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt — divided, plus additional to taste
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic — minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
In a medium bowl, place the cucumbers and radishes. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Cover and let sit 30 minutes. This step is crucial to ensure your salad does not become watery.
Pour the cucumbers and radishes into a colander and stir, draining out as much of the water as you can. Transfer to a dry bowl.
In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the Greek yogurt, vinegar, honey, garlic, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour half of the dressing over the cucumbers and radishes and stir to combine. Continue adding additional dressing until you reach your desired creaminess. You want the vegetables to be well coated but not soggy.
Stir in the dill and chives. Taste and season with additional salt and/or pepper as desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
If you want to try out more healthy salads, check this out: