- 1 1/2 to 2kg broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 35g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp julienned fresh basil leaves (about 12 leaves)
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
2) Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving around 2.5cm of stalk attached to the florets and discarding the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have at least 325g of florets.
3) Place the broccoli florets on a baking tray large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
4) Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
5) Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, parmesan, and basil. Serve hot.
You should also try our