Nacho Sloppy Joe – a perfect mixture of Mexican flavored ground beef, nacho cheese and jalapenos. Add a few buns, and you get the perfect sandwich-burger. Sloppy Joe – Mexican way! Thanks to lean beef, this burger is healthy and not so greasy as common burgers.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula into smaller pieces.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the meat between the bottom buns, then top each sandwich with nacho cheese sauce and a few jalapeno slices. Place the top bun on each sandwich then serve immediately.