Mashed potatoes…my favorite dish ever since I was a child! So deliciously creamy and insanely filling! You can couple it with any meat dish, or serve it as a vegan meal with a salad. Also your kids will love mashed potatoes! If you are using Instant Pot, you will need around 30 minutes to prepare this delicious meal.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt — divided
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes — peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt — at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter — at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese — plus additional to taste
Let your tap run until the water is very warm. Add 3/4 cup to the bottom of an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Stir in 2 teaspoons kosher salt until it dissolves. Insert the steamer basket and place the potatoes in the basket. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Immediately release the pressure.
Drain the potatoes and remove the steamer basket and any excess liquid from the Instant Pot. Immediately place the potatoes back in the Instant Pot. Add the Greek yogurt, butter, pepper, chives, thyme, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. With a hand mixer, beat the potatoes on medium speed until the ingredients are combined and your desired consistency is reached, being careful not to overmix. (You can also use a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve warm.
A perfect company for this meal are our Apple Carrot Muffins.