We all know about the health benefits of including more spinach to your weekly menus. The problem is that kids usually don’t like it. So, the other day I was thinking about creative ways to include some extra spinach, at least once a week. This smoothie is pure gold, looks attractive and healthy, but still has that distinctive banana & vanilla flavor. Your kids are going to love to, so give it a try!
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened coconut water
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- one cup unsweetened milk of choice (soy, almond, or oat)
- Add spinach and coconut water to blender and blend until spinach is pureed.
- Blend in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- You can add additional milk and/or ice if desired.
Want some more healthy recipes? Try out our: