A mug of hot apple cider is perfect for any cold winter day! Apple cider and pure maple syrup are a perfectly healthy and spiced match. Adding brown sugar or honey will intensify its flavor. You can decorate it with cinnamon sticks, star anise, clove etc. and it’s going to be the favorite drink at your party!
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp. orange zest
- pure maple syrup, optional for added sweetness
- Combine spices in a sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat until aromatic, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the nutmeg, and stir to combine. The, add in the apple juice and orange zest. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, depending on how strong you like your cider.
- Pour juice through a fine-mesh sieve, into a mug. Allow to cool slightly.
If you liked this recipe, try out our: