The beauty of this Coconut Chia Chocolate Bars recipe is that you can always alter it, depending on what you have available in your fridge. I sometimes coat it with chocolate, or add whatever dried fruit I have available at that moment. And almonds, peanuts, nuts are generally something that can enrich this recipe and offer variety, so you don’t get bored with it.
- 2 Cups Dried and Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- one cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- one cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- Put the dates in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let the dates soak for 30 minutes to one hour. This will help soften them and make them easier to blend
- Drain the water from the dates and place in a food processor or blender. Grind/blend the dates until they are smooth and there are no large chunks
- Move the date puree to a clean large bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 300 ̊F and line a sheet tray or an 8×8 square pan with foil or parchment (either will work!)
- Spread the dough evenly on the sheet tray and bake for 40 minutes
- When the bars are cool, remove from the pan and cut into desired shape and size! Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our: