These Chili Lime Chicken And Rice Meal Prep Bowls are made of chicken marinated in a spicy garlic marinade, and served with bell peppers, grilled cherry tomatoes and other veggies of your choice. Add some rice in and you won’t be needing bread with this recipe, which makes it even healthier! This dish is full of flavors of chili, garlic, lime, cilantro. Do marinade chicken at least 30 minutes, to up to 8 hours.
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or 4 small pieces
- 2cups sliced bell peppers optional
- 4cups cooked rice of choice
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice or juice of 1 lime
- 2teaspoons lime zest or zest of 1 lime
- 2-3cloves garlic minced or crush
- 1/4cup cilantro minced
- 4tablespoons oil
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon cumin powder optional
- 1teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon black pepper
- 4meal-prep containers
- To Cook Chicken:In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken and mix until fully coated. Preheat grill or skillet to medium-high; grease with a little oil. Transfer chicken to pan and discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.Cool chicken for 5 minutes then slice.
- Remove chicken from the pan and immediately add sliced bell peppers to the same pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until charred.
- Let everything come to room temperature before assembling the meal prep boxes. To assemble, Add 1 cup of cooked rice into 4 meal prep containers. Divide chicken and bell peppers into each box. Shut the lid and refrigerate for up to four days.
If you liked this recipe, try our: