Teddy Bear Oreos are really adorable and cute cookies for Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate-dipped treats like these are certainly perfect to make with kids because the cookies are already pre-made (no baking required!) and all you have to do is decorate (the fun part!!)
Below is the recipe of this cute chocolate-covered Teddy Bear Oreos for Valentine’s Day. And also, don’t forget to Pin this to your Pinterest board to get back easily for later.
- 1 package of “Double Stuf” Oreos
- 2 bags of dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of pink chocolate melting wafers
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 container of Wilton jumbo heart sprinkles
Prepare the chocolate:
Melt 1 bag of dark chocolate melting wafers using a double boiler or microwave. (If using microwave, heat in 20 second intervals, stirring in between. Be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl and handle with care, as bowl and contents may become hot.)
Assemble the bears:
- Carefully separate the double stuffed Oreos.
- Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and add a dollop onto the creme part of the Oreo, where the ears will go.
- Place a non-melted chocolate wafer onto the melted chocolate dollop and gently press down.
- Add a larger dollop of melted chocolate into the center of the creme and place the top half of the Oreo cookie back in place.
- Repeat steps with remaining Oreos and place into the fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
Decorate the bears:
- Remove Oreos from fridges and dip each one into the melted chocolate. (Chopsticks work great for this step, or you can use a fork). Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl before placing it on a cookie sheet to dry. (Be sure the cookie sheet is lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat so you can peel the finished cookies off easily).
- Repeat until all teddy bear Oreos are coated in chocolate.
- Use a drop of melted chocolate to attach a pink chocolate wafer to the middle of each Oreo.
- Then use another drop of melted chocolate to attach a red candy heart to the middle of each pink candy melt.
- Use melted chocolate to attach edible candy eyes to the teddy bear Oreos. Repeat until all are decorated.
- Allow chocolate to fully set (about 1 hour) before peeling off the cookie sheet. You can place in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.
For further details of the recipe visit In the Kids Kitchen.
You may also like