These carrots are going to be a hit. You can make them ahead and just reheat before serving, and we all know that having recipes thank can be made ahead are so important for holiday dinners and parties. This recipe is a crowd pleaser. Trust me, no one will be able to resist these caramelized carrots!
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced on a long angle into pieces approximately 3 inches long
- two tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- one teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- one tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- one tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- ½ cup pomegranate arils or seeds
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Lightly oil a sheet pan.
- Place carrots on prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and honey. Sprinkle with coriander, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat (I like to use my hands for this to get them well coated, but a spatula will work too). Spread carrots out on the pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then stir to redistribute. Return to oven and roast for another 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Carrots are finished when they are tender and some of the edges are caramelized.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and herbs over carrots and stir. Taste and season with a bit more sea salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter with the pomegranate arils. Serve hot.
If you liked this recipe, you should also try our: