For all veggie lovers, here is the perfect, highly flavored recipe!
It’s packed with nutritious ingredients and includes peanut, coconut and cauliflower. Packed with flavor and being plant-based it is the perfect vegetarian dish making it an excellent weekday meal too.
And the best thing is, it’s really easy and fast to make with only 30 minutes total prep and cooking time.
For the curry:
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- a small head of a cauliflower, broken into florets (3-4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- ⅓ cup water or vegetarian broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter (or cashew butter)
- ½ tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Ground Turmeric
- additional ½ teaspoon McCormick Ground Red Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
For the garnish:
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onion
- Chopped peanuts or cashews
- Place a large deep 10 inch deep skillet or a large pot over medium high heat. Add in coconut oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, then add in green onion, carrot and cauliflower florets. Saute for 3-5 minute until cauliflower begins to turn a slight golden brown and onions soften.
- Next, add in coconut milk, water, curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce/coconut aminos, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Then stir in bell pepper, and chickpeas; simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Before serving, stir in frozen peas and simmer an additional minute, then pour into bowls or divide into meal prep containers.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and chopped peanuts/cashews. Great with brown rice or quinoa for a full protein packed plant based meal.
And if you like this recipe, check out this Cauliflower Casserole recipe as well.