Today we would like to present you this amazingly yummy Thanksgiving Recipe: Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing. This mellow stuffing matches perfectly this maple roast turkey. Cranberries, sausage, and apples, what an unusual and yet too delicious combo! You will need around an hour and a half to prepare this dish.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings
- 1/4 cup
- 6 cups coarsely chopped
- 3 tart apples – peeled, cored and
- 2 cups chopped
- 4 teaspoons poultry
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary,
- 1 cup dried
- 12 cups white bread cubes, baked until slightly dry
- 1 1/3 cups chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling coarsely, for about 10 minutes. Remove sausage to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Empty pan of grease.
- Into the same pan melt the butter. Add the leeks or onions, apples, celery and poultry seasoning; cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the rosemary, dried cranberries, and cooked sausage. Mix all with the dried bread cubes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Moisten with the chicken stock.
- Stuff turkey with about 5 cups for a 14-pound turkey. Add additional chicken stock to moisten stuffing if needed. Remaining stuffing can be baked in a covered buttered casserole at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes to brown top.
You should also try our: