Today we are presenting another recipe from our Thanksgiving desserts/cookies series: Peanut Cookies. You can shape them as regular cookies or as blossom cookies. This list of ingredients is going to be enough for 84 servings. You will need around an hour and a half to make this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup shortening
- one cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- one cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- 2 (9 ounce) bags milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and stir in the milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the kiss will harden as it cools.
Ready for some more healthy winter/autumn recipes?