TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI – this fabulous recipe can make at least half of your weekly meal prep menu. Just add some more veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, beans) and you’ll get several combinations you will never get tired of. As a bonus, this recipe is sooo easy to make!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper sliced into strips
- sesame seeds for garnish optional
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 meal prep containers
- For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce or 2 tablespoons dark soy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger optional
Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink 2-3 minutes.
Whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
Add the teriyaki sauce to chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thick.Remove chicken from heat.
Add the broccoli florets and bell pepper to the same pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bell pepper is slightly softened.
Divide the chicken and broccoli into 4 meal prep containers. Add 1/2 cup of brown rice into each container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and cover. refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Ready for some more healthy recipes? Try out our: