I love chicken because it is so versatile! It’s always my number one choice for meal prep menus. This time we are preparing Spicy Chicken with Rice and Beans. Full of proteins and so healthy! If you are on a keto, just use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. Add some almonds & nuts and you’re good to go!
For the Chicken Meal Prep:
- 1 cup long grain whiterice (quinoa also works – see notes)
- 1 cup water
- 14 ounces of fresh salsa (undrained canned tomatoes also work)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- about 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 4–6 smallish pieces
- lots of spices like cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne (taco seasoning also works)
For Adding In Later:
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- a handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- sunshine sauce
- Cook:Place the rice, water, tomatoes, salt, and oil in the pot. Stir to combine. Place the chicken pieces on top and sprinkle generously with your favorite spices and some salt. Turn the instant pot on high pressure for 7-8 minutes. When done, use the quick release valve for the steam.
- Mix:Remove the chicken. Mix the black beans (and maybe a little sunshine sauce) in with the rice.
- Meal Prep Yourself:Divide the rice and beans amongst 4-6 meal prep containers (affiliate link). Top each with a piece of chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with a spoonful of sauce.
You should also try our: