Slow Cooker Spiced Wine – the perfect beverage with added brandy, apple cider and spices. It is a wonderful choice for parties, Thanksgiving or a chilly Christmas Eve! Don’t forget to add cinnamon sticks for garnishing!
- 750 ml red wine — (1 bottle) — choose something fruity but not too sweet—Merlot, Zinfandel, or Cabernet Sauvignon all work well
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 orange — zested and juiced
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole star anise
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Orange slices — for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks — for garnish
- Add wine, cider, honey, orange zest, and orange juice to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and star anise. Cook on low until warm, 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your slow cooker. Stir in the brandy.
- Ladle into mugs and serve with an orange slice and cinnamon sticks. To keep the wine warm, leave the slow cooker on the “Keep Warm” setting. If your slow cooker does not have a warm setting, alternate between “Low” and “Off.”
If you like this recipe, you will love our Keto Low Carb Muffins.