Pumpkin Quinoa Chili – try out our new vegetarian chili recipe, full of proteins and very nutritious! So yummy and perfect as a fall meal, it’s easy to prepare, and your kids gonna love it!
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
45 mins 15 mins 30 mins
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth or stock depending on desired thickness
- 1 can or 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 red onion diced
- one red pepper diced
- 1 can or 2 cups black beans rinsed
- one can or 2 cups kidney beans rinsed
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans BPA free diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini chopped
- third cup tomato paste
- 1 green chili pepper diced (or canned)
- one and a half T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- one T olive oil
- Dash of cinnamon
- add a dash of crushed pepper optional
- Sea salt and crushed pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add onion and pepper and cook until onions become translucent.
- And add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a soft boil stirring occasionally.
- Lower to medium low heat and stir occasionally for about 15-20 minutes, until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Lower to low heat and allow to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I added a little extra pumpkin, about 1/3-1/2 cup to make this a bit thicker in the end. You could also add more tomato paste. I did not drain the cans of tomatoes. If you prefer more spice, use a jalapeño instead of a chili pepper.
If you enjoy this recipe, try our Cucumber Tomato Salad.