Today we are having Meal Prep Pesto Chicken Pita Pockets. These are going to make your office day or be the star of your party! Essentially, this dish is made of roasted chicken and vegetables, tossed in pesto, plus served in an adorable pita pocket! Healthy and delicious!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 red onion (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 zucchini (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 4 pita pockets (sturdy)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chicken and veggies with olive oil and salt & pepper, and arrange on 1-2 sheet pans.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip everything and return to the oven.
- Cook the veggies for 5-10 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Place roasted chicken and vegetables in a large bowl with the pesto, stir to coat.
- Spoon into pita halves and enjoy.
- Pre-chop: Vegetables & chicken may be pre-chopped up to 4 days ahead (check the expiry date on chicken to make sure this storage time is OK).
- Pre-cook: Follow through step 5, and allow filling to cool. Portion out into four 2 cup meal prep containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Re-heat filling until steaming hot.
- Don’t cut the pita in half until just prior to serving. Open the pocket and spoon filling into the pocket.
You should also try our: