Ready for a perfect cup of this decadently thick and flavory Italian Hot Chocolate? This recipe is part of our Hot Winter Drinks series. And its consistency will remind you of the finest pudding and its warmth will enrich any cold winter day! You will need around 5 minutes to prepare a cup of hot chocolate.
- 4 oz milk or dark chocolate I used Lindt Milk Chocolate, but you can use your favorite brand
- and 1 1/2 cups full fat milk 3 tablespoons of milk separated
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder See notes
- and 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate with two tablespoons of milk on medium heat.
- Slowly add in the milk, continuously mixing with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the cocoa powder and sugar, mixing until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix the corn starch with one tablespoon of milk, and pour this mixture to the saucepan and mix until the hot chocolate has become thick and coats the back of your spoon.
- Top with cocoa powder, mini marshmallows or even sea salt.
If you liked this recipe, try our: