Healthy, colorful and refreshing…you just cannot not like Asian food. This delicious Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken was my first try into Asian food. You can make your own sauce by using soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, fresh garlic and ginger & cornstarch. You will need just 40 minutes to make this fantastic meal. Serve with rice and cooked veggies of your choice.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts — about 3 medium breasts (see blog post above for tips on using chicken thighs or frozen chicken)
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- three tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- two tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch — stirred together with 1/4 cup water to create a slurry
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Prepared brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 6-quart Instant Pot with nonstick spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the bottom.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on HIGH (manual) pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then immediately vent to release the remaining pressure. Carefully open the lid. Turn the Instant Pot OFF. Transfer the chicken to a plate and let it cool a few minutes. Once you can safely handle it, shred the chicken with two forks or cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE. Once the liquid begins to simmer, slowly whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Continue whisking to ensure the sauce is smooth and does not have any lumps. Continue to cook and whisk until the sauce thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot OFF. Add the chicken back to the pot and toss to coat in the sauce. Serve hot with prepared rice and a sprinkle of green onions and sesame seeds.
If you liked this Instant Pot recipe, you will love our: