Unique “HOT BROWN” SANDWICH
Yummy, just try this amazing ‘hot brown’ sandwich and you won’t regret!
Yield: 2 Hot Browns
Time: 15 min
INGREDIENTS for hot brown sandwich:
- 1 ½ tablespoons salted butter
- one and a half tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Pecorino-Romano cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 14 ounces roasted turkey breast, sliced thick
- 4 slices Texas toast, crust removed and sliced in half diagonally
- four slices bacon
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved
- In a two-quart saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in flour until combined to form a thick paste or roux.
- Continue to cook roux for 2 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Whisk heavy cream into roux and cook over medium heat until cream begins to simmer, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in Pecorino-Romano cheese until sauce is smooth.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- For each Hot Brown, place one slice of toast in an oven-safe dish and cover with 7 oz. turkey.
- Take the two halves of Roma tomato and two toast points and set them alongside the base of the turkey and toast.
- Pour half of the sauce over the dish, completely covering it. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Place entire dish under a broiler until cheese begins to brown and bubble. Remove and cross two pieces of crispy bacon on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika and serve immediately.
If you need something more healthier please take a look here