The famous mac & cheese dish gets a healthy do over.
This highly nutritious meal is cooked in a single pan, it is creamy and mouth-watering, making it the ultimate comfort dish.
All you need are the ingredients listed below, one pot and only 20 minutes of your time to cook this delightful meal.
- 16 ounces whole wheat elbow pasta
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk any variety, even half and half will work
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg optional
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Bring pasta, stock, seasonings and butter to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta has absorbed most of the stock and is very al dente–about 7 minutes.
- Add in milk, nutmeg, and cheese and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until pasta has absorbed milk and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Sounds truly delicious, doesn’t it? And if you like this recipe, you will surely enjoy making our Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.