One spectacular side dish can liven up an otherwise mundane menu – Cucumber Tomato Salad. Try out this refreshing side dish made with fresh cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and red onions in a special herb dressing. With a splash of crispy baked bacon and a yogurt dressing, it can be served as the main dish, especially during hot summer days. So refreshing and full of nutrients!
If you are on Keto or any other low-carb diet, be sure to check out this recipe (just 5g carbohydrates per serving!)
Preparing and serving time (slicing and cutting): 10-15 minutes
Calories per serving: ~100kcal
- 3 cups sliced cucumbers (remove seeds)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut by halves)
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs such as parsley, dill, chives or green onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Toss gently to coat. Serve. Enjoy!
You also would like rainbow vegetarian pizza recipe a good looking and tasty summer salad. If you want to find vegetable soup recipe i recommand to you the Springtime Soupe au Pistou Guest Post from Sarah.