Yet another one pot, crockpot recipe – Crockpot White Chicken Chili. It is so easy to make, healthy and tasty! This dish in not too spicy and is therefore perfect for children too! You will need around 15 minutes to prepare all the ingredients. Garnish with some avocado slices to boost the vitamin injection in this wonderful dish!
- 1 1/4pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — (about 2 to 3 breasts)
- 4cups low-sodium chicken stock (see notes if you prefer a thicker chili) — (32 ounces)
- 2cans reduced-sodium white beans — (15-ounce cans) such as white kidney beans, cannellini, or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2cans diced green chiles — (4.5-ounce cans)
- 3cloves garlic — minced
- 1small yellow onion — (or 1/2 large) finely diced
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges
- For serving— the toppings add important flavor, so LOAD IT UP!: diced jalapeno, diced avocado, nonfat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker (I use this one). Top with the chicken broth, white beans, green chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate. Once cool enough to handle, shred and set aside.
- With an immersion blender, puree a portion of the chili to thicken it, leaving some of the beans whole. (You can also transfer a few ladlefuls of the chili to a food processor and roughly blend, then stir the blended portion back into the chili.) Stir in the shredded chicken and cilantro. Portion into bowls and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Add any other desired toppings and enjoy.
We think you would also like our: