Broccoli Tots – so yummy, healthy and kids are going to love them! Serve with salad, lemon and chickpeas or mashed potatoes, the more colorful, the more are your kids going to love it! You can always serve this dish with cooked bacon or chicken.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 (10-oz.) bag frozen broccoli (about 3 c.), thawed and patted dry
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil and line with parchment paper. Brush parchment with oil.
- Pat broccoli dry and very finely chop broccoli or pulse in a food processor until very finely chopped. Scrape chopped broccoli into a medium bowl and stir in egg, panko, cheddar, Parmesan, and garlic powder. Season with salt.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon broccoli mixture and press into a tater tot shape using lightly dampened hands. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining broccoli mixture, evenly spacing tots on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, turning once, until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm with ketchup.
You should also try our homemade: