Sweet and tender, fall-apart beef – that’s what you will get if you try our Balsamic Steak with Garlic Zucchini recipe. It will take you around half an our to cook this meal from scratch. Plus this is a one-pot meal, so it’s easy to make and easy to clean afterwards!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into thin half-moons
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add garlic and zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and saute until zucchini is tender and browned in spots, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely tent with foil.
- Discard fat from skillet, then add vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Slice steak; add any accumulated juices from steak to skillet and stir to combine. Drizzle steak with sauce and serve alongside zucchini.
If you liked this recipe, you are going to love our: