One pan recipe of the day – baked chicken with garlic Parmesan cream sauce.
This dish turns out so tender and juicy on the inside, you’d never want to stop eating.
Doesn’t take a lot of time to cook it, only 45 minutes in total, and since its baked, it also turns out crispy on the outside – the perfect mix!
Follow the instructions below for another extra tasty one pan meal.
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks 6-8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium – high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Prep cream sauce in the same skillet.
- To make the garlic parmesan cream sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add italian seasoning and flour. Whisk lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth until fully incorporated with flour. Gradually whisk in heavy cream and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken into the skillet, on-top of the parmesan cream sauce. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy. Garnish with fresh herbs or parmesan cheese. Serve with rice, veggies, or a salad. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you can try our Soy Ginger Salmon too.