Soups are perfect for cleansing the body of all toxins. They help with digestion and are nourishing and soothing too. Here is a fantastic Ayurvedic soup recipe with chickpeas that will soothe your appetite nicely.
- 1 cup of soaked chickpeas, boiled until tender
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- pinch of saffron
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3 tablespoons leeks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon tomato puree
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup beet greens, sliced
- one zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon CCF mix (cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds), toasted and partially ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- A sprinking of cress
- A sprinkling of sunflower sprouts
- Place all of the ingredients (including the liquids, but except for the coconut milk and cilantro) in a large stainless-steel sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 50 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk with seasoning (Himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper), stir well, and continue to simmer for five minutes (add extra water or stock if necessary).
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro. Serve hot with a sprinkling of sunflower sprouts and cress in each bowl.
If you like this recipe, try our Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.