We are so excited to share these 15 holiday crockpot recipes with you, best slow cooker recipes for your party. These holiday slow cooker recipes are are healthy, easy, delicious and so easy to make. You will love these holiday crockpot comfort food recipes!
When the weather cools down, slow cooker mulled wine is on my to do list. It makes my home smell wonderful, and the taste is great, too!
1 Bottle Red Wine (750 ml)
2 T Honey
1 Orange, sliced
two Cinnamon Sticks
2 Whole Star Anise
Crockpot cheesy potatoes are the best side dish for ham, they make a great side dish for steaks and these are a great hot side dish for grilled meat as well! Be sure to check out other potato side dishes as well!
30 oz. bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
4 T butter, melted
1½ cups cheese – shredded cheddar divided (I prefer sharp cheddar, any will do)
1 cup milk
½ cup diced yellow onion
I had to dust off the Crock Pot before I could make this Crock Pot Ham Recipe. And I have a crock pot problem, I love them and have (too) many of them!
- 4 to 5 lb fully cooked boneless ham (make sure it will fit in your crock pot)
- four tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup [ineapple or cherry juice (I had to use cherry juice because I left the pineapple juice at the grocery store.)
I used to think that if I worried about everything, then none of the things I worried about would happen. I guess I thought I could ‘unjinx’ myself or something, in advance, you know? I’m a bit of a worry wart.
2 lb extra lean ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
Sweet & Sour Sauce
1 1/2 cup water
two thirds cup vinegar
2/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 cup brown sugar
two tsp cornstarch
2 tsp water
With the holidays around the corner, I wanted to share one of my ultimate favorite Ukrainian Christmas comfort food recipes – the best cabbage rolls ever! Although I am Ukrainian and adore Ukrainian food, these are not your typical traditional Ukrainian cabbage rolls. These are what my family likes to call, “Scottish Cabbage Rolls.”
- 1 large cabbage
- one lb ground beef
- 4 cups of brown rice
- 1 medium onion diced
- one cup sliced mushrooms can substitute canned
- 1 cup ketchup add additional to taste
- 2 10 oz cans condensed tomato soup* gluten-free
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes and Apples is a delicious Holiday side dish. This is an easy recipe to make, and is lightly sweet. Crock pot sweet potatoes and apples is a favorite Thanksgiving side dish recipe.
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes (about 4-5 med.) peeled and cubed, divided
- 4 med Apples, peeled and sliced, divided
- 1 tsp Dried Rubbed Sage
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 3 tsp Brown Sugar optional, for a sweeter result)
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a retro classic! I went back to the recipe vault of my youth to unearth this classic! These delicious creamy, cheesy crock pot scalloped potatoes are an amazing scalloped potatoes side dish recipe!
- 6 lg Potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tsp Pepper
- one tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lg Onion, diced
- 6 slices Thick Cut Smoky Bacon, uncooked, chopped
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup*
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce is sweet, tart, and cooks up easily, making the house smell good! Crock pot cranberry sauce is delicious and a perfect Thanksgiving side dish recipe. Serve this homemade cranberry sauce with turkey or pork.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- half cup Water
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- half cup White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Winter weather is here, and the Christmas holidays are just around the corner. ‘Tis the season for holiday get-togethers, delicious food and of course yummy hot drinks like fancy lattes and hot chocolates.
5 cups of strong brewed coffee*
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 cup of half and half cream
one Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
one teaspoon ginger
Whipped cream (optional)
Regardless of your eating plan, I think that most people would agree that mashed potatoes are a comfort food. In my family, potatoes were often combined with cabbage for a side dish to a variety of main courses.
2 large potatoes
Large head of cabbage-shredded
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped green onions
pinch black pepper
Just because you don’t press your own apples, doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a warm mug of cider – this Spiced Apple Cider is made from apple juice.
- 4 cups (1 L) pure apple juice
- 2 – 4″ cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- eight whole allspice berries
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) brown sugar, palm coconut sugar or maple syrup (optional, fairly sweet without it)
It is definitely the weather now for a warming mug of hot chocolate to take the chill from your hands and warm the soul. What better than to make a big batch of it in your slow cooker so you can ladle it out at your festive parties.
- 800 ml milk I used semi-skimmed
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 6 tsp sugar granulated or caster
- 150 g dark chocolate I used 51% cocoa
- 8 tsp milk
- 4 tsp cornflour
- whipped or squirty cream to serve
- 1 square dark chocolate chopped into shavings, to serve
Following hot on the heels on from my slow cooker turkey crown is another Christmas recipe! My slow cooker mincemeat pudding is simple to make, can be made at the last minute if you missed Stir Up Sunday, and is full of festive flavours!
- 175 g butter at room temperature
- 150 g caster sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- one tsp mixed spice
- 25 tsp ground cloves
- twenty five tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 tbsp mincemeat either from a jar or homemade
If you want to have a change from a Christmas pudding, or are catering for a crowd and want an alternative to add to your menu, how about a slow cooker gingerbread pudding?
- 175 g butter softened
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 65 g golden syrup
- 2 tsp ginger
- five tsp nutmeg
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Golden syrup to drizzle over the top
Crockpot Mashed Butternut Squash is the perfect cozy side dish to complement your weeknight dinners, fall gatherings, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, plus all of your other holiday meals. It is a family-friendly, colorful, vibrant, delicious and healthy mash that is easy to make in your slow cooker.
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, de-seeded, chopped and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup(60ml) water
- Salt to taste
- Herbs for topping
You should also try our: