10-Minute Beef Teriyaki Skillet is so easy to make, it will take you only 10 full minutes! You can also use frozen diced onion and it will make the whole preparation process even faster! You can also freeze cooked meat for up to three months. Then just reheat in microwave or a saucepan and make some tortilla wraps with it!
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef I used 96% lean
- 1 cup finely diced onion*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or about ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger
- ¾ cup thick teriyaki sauce such as Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- Optional Garnish: sliced green onion toasted sesame seeds
- For Serving: rice tortillas, or lettuce wraps
- In a large skillet preheat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. The sesame oil adds great flavor to the dish, but if you don’t have any you can substitute with canola or vegetable oil.
- Add beef, onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat as you stir, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is tender (about 5-7 minutes). Drain, and return meat to skillet.
- Stir teriyaki sauce into the beef mixture. Bring to a low simmer and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, just until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve over rice, in tortillas, or in lettuce wraps.
You like beef? Try out our: